ST. FRANCIS XAVIER ISSUE
IN THIS ISSUE:
DECEMBER 8 & 25, JANUARY 1 HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION COMING, PREPARE FOR MASS, BRING OTHERS!
TRADITIONAL LATIN MASS & POTLUCK BREAKFAST @ ST. CATHERINE’S
DINNER & A MOVIE FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL CRISIS PREGNANCY CENTERS
SEATS NOW FILLING ON BUSES FOR THE 2019 MARCH FOR LIFE
SPRING RETREAT for WOMEN with FR. JOHN A. PERRICONE ON LONG ISLAND
LINK TO LIVE STREAM OF FR. CHAD RIPPERGER ON SPIRITUAL WARFARE
LINKS FOR CATHOLIC CHRISTMAS CARDS AND GIFT IDEAS
SALVETE FRIENDS! Since the feast of the Immaculate Conception falls on a Saturday this year, this makes it the perfect opportunity to invite others who have never experienced the Latin Mass – or Catholicism – to offer worship that is due in all justice to God. Below in the listings are PDF flyers you can share, email, or print and photocopy. If one time or place doesn’t work for you, see the Locations page for alternatives. Whatever you do, 1. Don’t miss Mass Saturday, and 2. Don’t miss a chance to bring someone new to Latin Mass – or to be the “new guy” yourself. Just offer yourself to God at Mass, the rest will come!
THURSDAY DECEMBER 8, 2018 – FEAST OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF MARY – HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION. For additional times and locations, check the bulletins or contact the parishes linked here. Flyers are posted on the Facebook page. (Due to lousy computer programs, I can’t add them here. Whenever I try to add them, the web browser crashes, no matter what brand of browser I use. Then I tried attaching them to the email to everyone, but that crashed the browser programs too. Furthermore, some email programs don’t accept emails with attachments. Technology will make our lives easier, “they” said….)
@ 7 & 9 AM: St. Anthony’s Oratory, 1360 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052, (note that there will NOT be a 7 pm Mass, only the two morning Masses)
@ 11:30 AM St. Anthony of Padua, There will also be a betrothal ceremony for Maria Hancock and Carlo de la Rama PRIOR to Mass. Please keep them (and all engaged and married couples) in your prayers, as we continue to cope with an anti-marriage culture.
TUESDAY DECEMBER 25, 2018 – FEAST OF THE NATIVITY OF OUR LORD (CHRISTMAS!) – HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION. For additional times and locations, check the bulletins or contact the parishes linked here
TUESDAY JANUARY 1, 2019 – FEAST OF THE CIRCUMCISION OF OUR LORD (OCTAVE OF CHRISTMAS) – HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION. For additional times and locations, check the bulletins or contact the parishes linked here
SUNDAY, JANUARY 6 @ 8:45 AM – The Church of St. Catherine Laboure, 130 Bray Avenue, Middletown, NJ Traditional Latin Mass for the First Sunday of Advent followed by potluck Breakfast in the Parish Hall across the street from the School. Please bring your favorite breakfast food / snack /drink plus some to share. Please feel free to invite others to assist at Mass and come to breakfast afterward. This is an opportunity to introduce others to Catholicism and in particular to the Latin Mass, and to make them feel welcome in the Church. Tentative dates for 2019: February 3, March 3, April 7, (perhaps May 19 and June 23, or not at all), July 7, August 4, September 8, October 6, November 3 and December 1.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 2019 @ 3 PM, Knights of Columbus #857 Columbia Club, 130 Main Street, Woodbridge, NJ: Sunday Dinner and a Movie Fundraiser to benefit local Right to Life efforts. Nonna’s authentic Italian Sunday Dinner will be served in “Angelina’s Restaurant” at 3 pm, followed by a good movie at 4:30 pm. Enter the hall opposite the Reo Diner. Suggested donation: $15/adults, $10/movie only OR dinner only, $5/kids 8 to 12 years old, Free for kids under 8. Please make all checks payable to KofC #857. Proceeds help defray the costs of traveling to the March for Life on January 18. Please help grow this event by passing this invitation on to friends and to your local parish for inclusion in their weekly bulletin.
JANUARY 18, 2019, 10 am to 3 pm or later, National Mall, Constitution Avenue between 12th and 14th Streets, Washington, D.C. , MARCH FOR LIFE 2019. This year’s theme is “Unique from Day One.” Buses will be departing from St. Anthony’s Oratory, 1360 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052, St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church,1282 Yardville-Allentown Road, Allentown, NJ 08501 and Our Lady of Victories, 42 Main Street, Sayreville, NJ 08872
FRIDAY MARCH 15 – SUNDAY MARCH 17 Seminary of the Immaculate Conception Retreat House, 440 West Neck Road, Huntington, NY 11743
http://www.icseminary.edu/hospitality: Retreat for Women, Rev. Fr. John A. Perricone, Retreat Master. Based on “Behold, I stand at the door and knock” (Apocalypse of St. John, 3:20), Father’s theme will be “The Redeemer as Patient Lover of Sinners.” All private rooms with personal bed and private bath, $225 each; no shared rooms. For more information, please contact Dan Marengo at 718 829 8056 or danmarengo at aol dot com. Retreat sponsored by Agnus Dei Knights of Columbus Council #12361, Bronx, NY. Click here for flyer.
SUNDAY, JUNE 9, 2019 @ 3 PM, Knights of Columbus #857 Columbia Club, 130 Main Street, Woodbridge, NJ: Sunday Dinner and a Movie Fundraiser to benefit local Crisis Pregnancy Centers. Nonna’s authentic Italian Sunday Dinner will be served in “Angelina’s Restaurant” at 3 pm, followed by a good movie at 4:30 pm. Enter the hall opposite the Reo Diner. Suggested donation: $15/adults, $10/movie only OR dinner only, $5/kids 8 to 12 years old, Free for kids under 8. Please make all checks payable to KofC #857. Please help grow this event by passing this invitation on to friends and to your local parish for inclusion in their weekly bulletin.
BONUS! Some news and blog entries you might enjoy viewing:
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27 @ 7 PM: Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption, 151 North Warren Street, Trenton, NJ 08608 800 people were in attendance! Solemn High Mass for the Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Seventh Annual Mass of Thanksgiving. Rev. Brian Patrick Woodrow, Celebrant. Rev. H. Todd Carter, Deacon. Rev. Michael Wallack, Subdeacon. Reinberger Mass in G was sung by the Schola Cantorum of St. John the Baptist, Allentown. Reception followed in the Cathedral Hall. Visit Diocese of Trenton Celebration of the Latin Mass web site for photo album and flyer.
- Just 3 days before the November elections, Fr. Chad Ripperger led a powerful evening of prayer and reflection at St. Mary’s of Pine Bluff, Wisconsin. This was live-streamed on their Facebook page and their Web site, where it continues to be available for viewing. St. Mary’s pastor, Fr. Richard Heilman, wrote: “When I spoke with Fr. Ripperger about a possible topic for his talk, I said, “What does it look like if someone really wants to go all in – totally serious and committed – as a kind of “Navy Seal of Spiritual Warfare?” That’s when he offered the topic of “Different Levels of Spiritual Warfare.”
- Meditations on Judica Me Psalm 42
- Video of the Powerful Rosary Rally of Reparation at the MET here. There were Rosary Rallies in 21,345 locations across the USA that day.
- Video of the Pontifical Latin Mass at St. John the Baptist Cathedral in Paterson here
- Pictures of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross Mass at St. Dominic’s in Brick appeared here and here.
- Video of 9/11 Requiem Mass at St. Stephen’s in Kearney is here.
- New Catholic college starting near FSSP apostolate in Florida – information here.
- Christmas Shopping Ideas from The Catholic Gentleman
- Christmas Novena Cards Supporting Institute of Christ the King, Sovereign Priest
- Christmas Novena Cards Supporting Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter (FSSP)
- CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST NEW JERSEY LATIN MASS MAP!
- NOTE: there is currently no Latin Mass at St. Nicholas Tolentine in Atlantic City, NJ – Fr. Pham was reassigned to a church near Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin NJ, so please visit nearby St. Gianna Molla parish for Latin Mass. Prayers for AC!
As always, please continue to keep all bishops, priests, deacons and seminarians in your prayers, and work to support vocations!
Prayer, penance and fasting, now more than ever!
HELP WANTED!: I am mapping locations of our readers and supporters. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEND PHONE & EMAIL CONTACT INFORMATION, the NAMES OF THE TOWN YOU LIVE IN AND TOWN YOU WORK IN, and HOW FAR YOU ARE WILLING TO TRAVEL FOR SUNDAY MASS AND DAILY MASS – Latin Mass parishes only happen when we actively work for them; the first step is determining where the faithful are.
You are subscribed to our Latin Mass Society of Central NJ mailing list, based on interests you communicated to us. If at any time you no longer wish to receive emails, please reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line. But we hope you’ll stay and discover the great treasures of the Catholic faith! Click here for more information about the LMS of CNJ.